Tuesday, May 29, 2012

BACT History - Spotlight on - Audience!

Audience Members Victoria Zackheim and her twin granddaughters have been coming to shows at BACT since our days at the Julia Morgan. They are enthusiastic audience participants who have gone out of their way to be in touch with the BACT community. Below, Victoria answers some questions about being involved with BACT with her granddaughters. 

BACT: What brought you to BACT in the first place? What has kept you coming back to the shows?
VZ: I came because I wanted to share theater with my granddaughters, who were age 6 when we first subscribed. I didn't see anything equal to BACT in San Francisco, where I live, or in Pacifica, where they live, and the selected plays seemed perfect for their age.

BACT: What was the first show you and your granddaughters saw together?
VZ: After multiple seasons, who remembers?! But I do know that they were mesmerized, and thrilled to meet the actors. The girls stay with me often and have their own bedroom at my house...the walls are literally covered with signed posters from your shows.

BACT: Have you noticed a change in the shows over time, since the Julia Morgan days until now?
VZ: They seem more professional...but we've loved them all.

BACT: What's the favorite show you've seen, and why?
VZ: The new show, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs, was delightful. Also, The Magic School Bus. And we loved Strega Nona.

BACT: What aspects of the shows do you like best (costumes, sets, acting, singing dancing…?)
VZ: The singing and dancing are delightful, and have become increasingly professional. With the expanded stage, the musical numbers are even more impressive.

BACT: What would you say to someone who had never seen a BACT show before and was wondering about them?
VZ: I'd strongly encourage them to buy the season pass and expect something wonderful!

BACT: Any additional thoughts or comments?
VZ: This will probably be our last season, since the girls are "aging out" of the age range...they're ready for more complicated and "teen" productions. Unfortunately, there are very few choices. Perhaps you could start another theatre company for children 10-15?


 
From Sohpia Law – Victoria’s granddaughter: My sister and I enjoyed Pinkalicious because of all the sparkles that the actors wore. If I were to say to someone why they should come (to the theater,) I'd say because it's a great place for kids and the age ranges from like 3-9.  When I'm there, all the kids seem to enjoy the plays.
CHILDREN'S THEATER ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment