Monday, October 19, 2015

Kara Blogs: The Flying Car

It's the first blog post for BACT Blogger Kara! In this post, Kara describes her experiences with Chitty Chitty Bang Bang in three different forms: book, film and stage musical!

--- 

When I saw the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang play at the BACT it was hilarious and full of excitement because the characters made the story come alive.  I have read the book, watched the movie and now I have seen the play. The book is by Ian Fleming.  My favorite part in the book is when Jeremy and Jemima write “GANSTER” on a pound note with a knife to warn Mr. Bon Bon that gangsters are outside waiting to rob his candy store.  

The 1968 movie directed by Albert Broccoli and starring Dick Van Dyke as Caractacus Potts is magical and magnificent. My favorite part in the movie is when Truly Scrumptious pretends to be a doll on a music box and she sings, 

Actor Neal Pascua as Boris, the spy.
How can you tell?
I’m under a spell

I’m waiting for loves 
First kiss to set me free.

She was distracting the Baron and Baroness of Vulgaria so the children could escape from them. 


The BACT play is based on the movie.  My favorite characters in the play were the spies, who were spying on the Pott’s family because the Baron ordered them to steal Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.  It made me laugh when the spies were looking for their phone in the audience and when they found it; it was the shoe on his foot! 

Even though the car Chitty Chitty Bang Bang looked worthless at first, in the right hands, the Potts’ family’s hands, she was tremendously valuable. The BACT play was as exciting as driving a racecar.

---

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang runs at the Children's Creativity Museum in San Francisco through November 8. Visit our website for tickets and more info! 

No comments:

Post a Comment